Updated: Jan 21, 2021
1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because thou has made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13. Thou shalt tred upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
FEAR IS A BIG BULLY AND PREYS ON ALL OF THE TEMPERAMENTS!
Fear can keep us locked up in a prison of darkness. But YOU have the key to get out of this prison of darkness. The key is Jesus!
We need to trust that Jesus will get rid of the bully.
How? Jesus is the Light of the World, and the darkness has to run from Him. And
Jesus always keeps His Word.
For example, take a flashlight and shine the light in a dark place and see what happens—the darkness disappears!
The same thing will happen with our fears because Jesus is our Light—our fears will disappear!
The Holy Scriptures tell us:
“Fear not.” It is in our Bible over 70 times and tells us that God is always here for us; however, sometimes, when we are going through the valleys, we tend to let fear creep in and take over.
Encouraging Scriptures regarding fear:
Isaiah 41:10: “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Joshua 1:5: “I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
Psalm 23:4, 5: “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
Psalm 27:1: “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?”
Psalm 56:11: “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.”
Hebrews 13:6: “So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
John 14:27: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
II Timothy 1:7: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
I John 4:18: “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
Dr. Phyllis J. Arno
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE FEARS IN THE INCLUSION AREA OF THE PHLEGMATIC AND SHINE THE LIGHT OF JESUS ON THEM.
In review, Inclusion is the need to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with people in the area of surface relationships. (This includes association and socialization.) It also encompasses a person’s intellectual energies.
1. FEAR OF BEING PRESSURED INTO BECOMING TOO INVOLVED
Phlegmatics in Inclusion tend to not want to become too involved. At work, they tend to try to keep to themselves so that others will not make demands on them. They will respond when spoken to, but will usually not go and initiate a “conversation at the water cooler.” They may even bring their own water bottle so that they do not have to walk to the water cooler for two reasons: First, they do not want to expend the energy; and second, they do not wish to be drawn into office politics. They would prefer to become “invisible.”